St. Peter’s Teens in Action
The St. Peter’s Teens in Action Youth Group is built on the premise that the teens and youth of our parish are a blessing and a gift. Teens are an integral and important part of our parish family as they are the future of our church and they bring unique talents to our parish family.
We strive to:
- Provide a safe zone where teens can connect to each other to share their faith in a fun way.
- Help teens be authentic in their sharing and to find and live out their connection to God.
- Be a place for teens to develop friendships with others who share similar morals and values and to be known for something other than academics or sports.
- Empower young people to live as disciples of Jesus Christ in our world today.
- Challenge teens to find their inner strength to put their God-given talents to use to learn what it means to serve others as Christ did.
- Draw young people to responsible participation in the life, mission, and work of the St. Peter’s faith community.
- Foster the total, personal and spiritual growth of each young person and find the best in each teen.
- Be concerned with the whole person, addressing young people’s spiritual needs in the context of other parts of their lives.
We are truly blessed to have an active teen population in our parish and are very appreciative of the support of the parish to help keep our “teens in action,” living out their faith!
Patrick Dooley (email@example.com)
The St. Peter’s Teens in Action are back in action for 2021-22! This year the teens have already had several events involving service and fellowship. After kicking off the year with our usual interest meeting, we’ve already begun working within the community, starting with helping the Sisters at Sacred Heart on the Lake, followed by a fall clean-up at our parish, a fundraiser at our Christmas fair and fundraising Christmas gifts for a high school Senior. And of course, our monthly meetings, where we always welcome new teens looking to become involved, were filled with laugher and conversation designed to deepen our faith with Christ, with each other, and with our community. We generally meet on the first Sunday of each month from 6-8 in the church hall.
The Teens in Action will be busy in 2022 with many activities and events as we continue to prepare for our trip this summer with Catholic Heart Work Camp. This year, we will be heading to Boston! Scheduled for the week of July 10-16th, the teens will be working as the hands and feet of Christ in service of those in need. Watch for us throughout the next few months and mark your calendars.
- Christmas break movie & bowling night
- TBD: Valentine’s Couple’s Dinner and Dance Night
- Living Stations of the Cross in April
- Wash While you Worship Car Wash and Bake Sale in June
It’s hard to believe it’s already 2019. We’re quickly planning for a number of upcoming events, including the Roses for Autism Fundraiser in January and February and the Living Stations of the Cross during Lent.
Some important upcoming activities and dates to remember:
- Roses for Autism: Teens will take orders after all masses the last two weekends in January and the first weekend in February. All red, all pink, all yellow, all orange or rainbow dozens available this year for $25/dozen. Orders will be distributed after masses on Feb. 9th and 10th.
- Next Regular Meeting: February 10th